The Piggy Bank is recommended for one or two adults wishing to supplement their diet with fresh, nutritious, truly organic produce.
Enough seed is provided for a year-round garden for two, along with an excess to hold in reserve in case a particular crop does not do well. However, couples who are looking at their seed bank as a food safety net in the event of an economic collapse or societal disruption should purchase a Lock Box. The larger bank will provide a greater cushion in the event of a crop failure.
The Piggy Bank does not come with any training manuals, but it does come with a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart. So unless you are an experienced vegetable gardener, we strongly suggest that you purchase a copy of The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible. We consider this book to be the instruction manual for our seed banks, as it provides detailed instructions on how to cultivate each variety in your bank (light, water and soil requirements; when and how to plant, etc.). The other books offered on our website are also strongly recommended for those wishing to maximize their harvest and pursue a lifestyle of true self-sustainability.
The varieties included in this Liberty Seed Bank are suitable for all USDA Growing Zones and should perform well in your area. Click here to see a list of varieties you may expect to find in your bank.
|Seed Type||Open-pollinated Heirloom Seed (non-hybrid, non-GMO)|
|Storage Container||Genuine Repurposed US Army Ammo Box|
|Number of Adults||2 Adults|
|Varieties Included||Over 70|
|Gardening Chart Included||Yes|
- All seeds are non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated Heirloom type varieties
- All seeds are fresh and have a lab-certified germination rate in excess of the USDA requirements for that particular variety
- Suitable for Southern and Northern Zones
- Varieties susceptible to fungal infections, infestations and/or viruses may be treated in order to boost hardiness and production
- Comes packed in a re-sealable steel US Army Ammo Box
- Includes a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart
- 70+ Varieties Included
- Well over 10,000 Seeds (2 lbs)
- Designed to provide the annual nutritional produce needs for 2 Adult Units