by Michael Phillips
432 pp, w/full color illustrations
Winner of the American Horticulture Society Book Award
Many people want to grow fruit on a small scale but lack the insight to be successful orchardists. As The Holistic Orchard illustrates, growing tree fruits and berries is something virtually anyone can do.
The Holistic Orchard demystifies the basic skills everybody should know about the orchard ecosystem, focusing on:
- Orchard design
- Soil biology
- Organic health management
- Choosing the right varieties for your climate
Includes a step-by-step instructional calendar to guide growers through the entire orchard year!
Fruit profiles include:
- pome fruits (apples, pears, asian pears, quinces)
- stone fruits (cherries, peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums)
- berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, gooseberries, currants, and elderberries)